1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I have been blogging at Diamonds, Dog Tags & Diapers for about 2 years. I was pretty inactive when my son was born and my husband was deployed- family first. The look has changed, and is getting ready to change soon, but the content has only evolved--from pregnancy to being a mom to a toddler, and moving from CA to VA.
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
Yes! College is very important, though you learn more about your job in the 'real world' once you graduate. I studied News Editorial Journalism and Marketing at Central Michigan University. FIRE UP CHIPS!
3. Where have you traveled?
I've traveled all around the country, Canada, England, Jamaica, Mexico and Grand Cayman Islands. Looking forward to the days we can travel, in 10+ years when Travis retires from the Marine Corps.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
I'm not sure. I would do some financial planning and investing and then probably buy a nice, long vacation for the three of us, then come home and buy a new house-designed by us.
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
1. When someone talks with food in their mouth.
2. When I can hear someone eating.
3. Nail biting, gnawing on fingers... a lot of people do it, and it's disgusting. Do that crap behind closed doors.
4. I'm adding a fourth since it might help you- bloggers, please use standard fonts. I have interest in your blog but cannot read bold, script fonts!
6. What is your favorite movie?
I really don't have a favorite, I'm not a big movie person, but Anchorman and Happy Gilmore are classics in my book, and movies you can watch no matter the mood you're in. I prefer comedies. Every other movie has the same love story line and it always has a happy/the same ending. Yawn.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
I really wish I was a big water person, I'm not. I drink POP (not soda), water and coffee.
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
What time? Clearly you haven't been reading my blog long enough. :)
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Depends what I'm shopping for. Clothing? The house? I'm indecisive, I wouldn't be able to make up my mind until I was in the moment.
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
I'm sure I have an embarrassing moment, but nothing comes to mind. I guess that's a good thing.
11. What day would you love to relive again?
Hmm. Our wedding day, it went by so fast, and we've been living in the memories that other people tell. There was so much to do, so many people to see and talk to, so many different things to do that it was a big blur. It was awesome, I would just like to remember more and live more in the moment! I try too hard to please everyone, so I was playing host more at my reception, rather than relaxing and having a blast. Don't get me wrong, i had a blast, but I would have relaxed a little bit.
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
I'm not too good with actress names, goes back to me not really caring about movies. Tina Fey would be fun ha ha.
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
1. I started teaching pre-school dance lessons when I was 14
2. I was a waitress at Bill Knapp's for a couple of years, until it closed.
3. All at once, I worked at Mirage Tanning, Finish Line shoe store & Captain Luey's Seafood Restaurant. I like being busy and having money. I was also dancing and going to high school at the same time.
4. During college, I didn't work much, but I did work at a restaurant and at the arcade inside the casino- best. job. ever.
Now, I have a big girl job- more to come on this tomorrow. I work at home- check out my 'work at home' myths here.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
|I'm the black girl on the right|
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
England, France and Jordan.
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.
This was in February for Brady's one year photos. Anything since then is probably not a well-composed photo.
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
We will be back in San Diego (hooray!!), Travis will have 5 years left in the Marine Corps, Brady will be 6 1/2 (holy crap!) and I'll probably still be living the dream at my job, or maybe something bigger and better will come along. I've always wanted to start my own business, but with all of the moving we will be doing, I'm not sure I want to deal with it.