- We are not 100% certain if/when Travis will deploy. He has been deployed for the past 5 years.
- I was induced 10 days early so Travis could be there for Brady's birth.
- Travis deployed on our 7 year anniversary. Brady was 3 weeks & 1 day old.
- I raised Brady by myself for 6 months. 14 weeks at home, then he went to daycare. All of our family is in Michigan, I lived in California.
- The deployment we survived with Brady was non-combat. Who knows who/where will will be at war next. 2 children AND worrying about my husband? No thanks.
- The thought of raising Brady and another child alone, away from family, friends and help with another child gives me anxiety. Brady is an amazing child, what if the next one isn't? A 1 year old and a 3 year old. Alone? No thanks.
- Vacationing just the 2 of us rarely happened. actually, it really didn't happen at all. Add two or more children into the mix and we won't be going far or spending much money.
- Siblings always fight on vacations. Only children get to bring a friend. Which would you rather have? I liked bringing my friends.
- AKA spoiling Brady!
- The good, responsible, lesson-teaching spoiling. Not spoiled rotten.
- Moving every 2 to 3 years means I will never have a stable, permanent job. It's stressful. We aren't poor or struggling, but adding another child, another move and another period of time without a job can be trying.
- Some people get a calendar out to see when they'll be fertile.
- We have to get a few consecutive year calendars out to plot when Travis will be in the same zip code, when we will be moving, when he will be deploying, how old the next child would be if/when he deploys. Oh, did I lose you?
- Naming Goose and Maverick (dogs) was hard enough. Naming Brady was even harder. We don't like any other names. Brady the 2nd would just be weird.
- As an only child, I obviously haven't experienced sibling rivalry, but I think being a witness of it rather than being a part of it is even worse. It's disgusting the things I've seen or heard siblings compete about.
- All siblings have rivalry whether they admit it or not. The ones who don't admit it are the worst.
- Sibling rivalry sucks. For the kid, for the family, for everyone involved.
- Who will get married first? Who will have the first baby? Who will have the second baby? Who will...WHO CARES?
- My pregnancy was easy, I was rarely hormonal (even Travis said so) but I had severe edema that began around 4 or 5 months. Being swollen is extremely uncomfortable.
- I gain weight easy. More than 'average' weight gain + swelling = miserable
- During the c-section (refer to link above) and 2 weeks after the c-section sucked. Sucked can't doesn't even begin to explain it.
- We have decided not to have another child because
- You asked us before Brady was born when we would have another
- You tell us Brady needs a friend and that the only friend he apparently can have is a sibling
- You don't believe us when we say we are not having another
- You don't understand raising a child by yourself with a deployed husband and no family around
- You keep asking us when we are going to have another child
- You tell us you're planning on having another and try to make us feel bad by saying that. We are able. We don't want to.